We provide comprehensive medical care for varsity athletes ranging from colds to musculoskeletal injuries which can be managed at the 3M Centre or at the satellite/varsity location in Alumni Hall, Room 16 (basement of Alumni Hall, beside the wrestling room).
Fowler Kennedy works closely with Western University to ensure safe participation in all university athletics. This includes pre-participation physical exams. All new student athletes must complete a pre-participation exam during their incoming year, while returning athletes must complete a shorter updated medical history form each year. Please see the below link for further details.
Monday to Thursday: 7 am until 7 pm
Friday: 7 am until 5 pm
Alumni Hall, Room 16
519.661.3011 ext. 80254
September to April: 8 am to 4 pm
May to Mid-August: Closed
• Report the injury immediately to your team trainer for evaluation and acute first aid.
• Call or drop in to the Fowler Kennedy Clinic at the 3M Centre or Alumni Hall, Room 16 (in basement of Alumni Hall, next to wrestling room). Your injury will be assessed by a Physician or Physiotherapist and appropriate management arranged.
• Remember to Identify yourself as a varsity athlete when contacting the clinic.
• You can access Physiotherapy at Fowler Kennedy without a physician referral.
• All athletes have access to medical (physician) services through their Provincial Health Plan or equivalent, i.e. UHIP for out-of-country students by presenting their health card at time of service.
• All athletes have unlimited access to physiotherapy and athletic therapy services. Western University requires all athletes, managers and trainers to keep the student insurance plan (Do Not Opt Out) to ensure adequate coverage in the event of an injury and to help offset the costs of these services. Athletes can complete paperwork to allow the clinic to direct bill the student insurance plan. For further information on benefits refer to https://www.studentbenefits.ca. As well, staff at Fowler Kennedy will answer any questions you may have about your eligibility or coverage.
We’ll get you back to your active lifestyle and help prevent future injuries. No referral required.