- We offer student health services including:
- Birth control and STI counseling
- Mental health counseling
- Laboratory tests as required
- Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Physiotherapy and Sport Rehabilitation (Eligible students are provided with partial coverage and direct billing through the FSU Health Plan, www.fsu.ca/health.php)
- TB testing
All injured Varsity Athletes of Fanshawe College will be assessed and cared for by Fowler Kennedy Sports Medicine Clinic.
Fanshawe Varsity Athletes:
What to do if you have an injury or when an injury occurs (home game, away game or practice):
- Report your injury to the medical staff (Physician, Physical Therapist, Trainer) on site as soon as an injury had occurred.
- If at an away game/practice, make sure to inform the Trainer and Coaches of the injury.
- The Trainer will inform Fowler Kennedy Varsity Athletic Medical Staff immediately to facilitate appropriate triage/care for the injured athlete.
- The student athlete is to call the Fowler Kennedy Clinic at Fanshawe College and book an appointment with the Physical Therapy Department.
- The injured athlete will be seen by a Physical Therapist within 24 hours of the initial injury.
- If further medical management is required, the Physical Therapist at Fowler Kennedy will direct care to the appropriate Healthcare Professional.
- The Physical Therapist will advise the athletic officers and the head coach regarding the follow-up of his/her evaluation to facilitate care of the athlete.
- The Fowler Kennedy Medical Staff will determine all return to play decisions regarding all injured Varsity Athletes at Fanshawe College.
Medical and Therapy Coverage
- All athletes have access to medical (physician) services through their provincial health plan or equivalent (MorCare) for out-of-country students. A health card must be presented at time of service.
• All athletes have access to physiotherapy services. Fanshawe College requires all student-athletes keep the FSU Student Insurance Plan (do not opt out) to ensure adequate coverage in the event of an injury. Athletes can complete paperwork to facilitate direct billing of their insurance plan. For further information on benefits refer to: www.fsu.ca/health.php.
- To book an appointment or learn more, contact the Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic at Fanshawe by calling 519-452-4230