Operated by the Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic, Fanshawe College Student Health Services offers a wide variety of services for all registered full time students at Fanshawe College.
Clinic Location and Contact Information
Wellness Centre Room J 1004
For information or to book an appointment, call 519-452-4230
Hours of Operation
September to April
Monday to Thursday: 7 am until 6 pm (Physicians on site from 9 am until 6 pm)
Friday: 7 am until 5 pm (Physicians on site from 8:30 am until 4 pm)
Walk-In Clinic for Acute Injuries/Urgent Concerns
Monday to Thursday: 1 pm until 2 pm
Same Day Appointments
Monday to Thursday: 4 pm until 6 pm
Fridays: 12 pm until 4 pm
May to September
Monday to Thursday: 7 am until 4pm
Friday: 7 am until 2:30 pm
- Student Health Services including
- Birth control and STI counseling
- Mental Health counseling
- Laboratory tests as required
- Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Physiotherapy and Sport Rehabilitation (Eligible students are provided with partial coverage and direct-billing through the FSU Health Plan, www.fsu.ca/health.php.
- Pedorthic Services
Fanshawe Varsity Athletes
What To Do If You Have an Injury
When any injury occurs, (home game, away game, practice):
- Report your injury to a student trainer (first aider) and/or coach.
- Complete an “Incident Investigation Report Form” IMMEDIATELY. This is available from all student trainers and is VERY IMPORTANT in the treatment of your injury.
- The student trainer will advise Ernie Durocher or Joanne Verbeek immediately.
- See Ernie Durocher or Joanne Verbeek within 24 hours to review the “Incident Investigation Report Form”.
- The student-athlete is then directed to Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic.
- Bring a copy of the “Incident Investigation Report Form”.
- If physiotherapy is necessary, the injured athlete will be seen by a Physiotherapist within 24 hours of reporting to the clinic.
- The physiotherapist will advise Ernie Durocher or Joanne Verbeek and the Head Coach regarding follow up of his/her evaluation in order to facilitate care of the athlete. Please Note: A written approval to play may be required for certain injuries.
Medical and Therapy Coverage
- All athletes have access to medical (physician) services through their Provincial Health Plan or equivalent (MorCare) for out-of-country students. A health card must be presented at time of service.
- All athletes have access to physiotherapy services. Fanshawe College requires all student-athletes keep the FSU Student Insurance Plan (Do Not Opt Out) to ensure adequate coverage in the event of an injury. Athletes can complete paperwork to facilitate direct billing of their insurance plan. For further information on benefits refer to www.fsu.ca/health.php
For further information or to book and appointment contact the Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic at Fanshawe 519-452-4230.